Contact Center in Finland
+358 9 818 501
Terminal Customer Service
* 3,00 EUR + local/mobile charge firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct flights, short routes and practical airport are more ecofriendly!
Decreasing the environmental burden of the industry enables further growth of air travel and air freight in the future.
The cornerstones of Finnair's environmental operations are a modern, low-emission fleet and the shortest routes between continents. Customers can impact the amount of emissions their flight creates by choosing an airline with a modern fleet and direct routes.
Thanks to Helsinki's geographical position Finnair offers its customers the most direct flights between Europe and Asia, via Helsinki.
In addition to shortest routes, Finnair's home hub, the functional Helsinki Airport, is known for short distances, which enable more eco-friendly ground operations.
- Choice of aircraft is optimized and the best possible aircraft is selected for each route.
- Taxiing is optimized at the airports.
- Optimal speed and height are selected as well as the shortest possible route, taking winds into account.
- Passenger & cargo load factor is maximized and weight of the aircraft minimized (seats, catering and service onboard).
- CDA – continuous descent approach. ”Green approach” cooperation in Helsinki with Finavia from 2001.
- Collection and recycling of warehouse materials (plastic, wooden platforms).
- Reduction of ground operation vehicles emissions: vehicles compliant with latest emissions regulations, electric forklift trucks in use, idle running forbidden.
- In the office: common network printers in use, separate waste baskets for office paper, telex traffic to be changed from paper format to electronic format in 2009.
Read more about us and the environment
Track your shipment
Air Waybill Number (AWB-No):Track all shipments